[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
The UnOfficial British Minigolf Forum • View topic - New course in Hither Green London!

New course in Hither Green London!

Re: New course in Hither Green London!

Postby Ant » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:07 pm

How hard does that course look! I'd like a go though.

I wonder if we could have a BMGA training session 'behind closed doors' one evening?
Ant

Postby petere » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:02 pm

i love the look of this course! :D :D :D
a great test of putting accuracy with no where to hide
petere

Postby squirerichard » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:15 pm

Ace Man wrote:Some pics care of big sis
http://www.miniaturegolfer.com/hithergreenminigolf.html

Great work "Ace Woman"!
The Proof is in the Putting.
squirerichard

Postby squirerichard » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:18 pm

petere wrote:i love the look of this course! :D :D :D

Ones or Sevens and not much else :lol:

From all the B-runs I've played they are good fun.

Some of the holes (those that aren't tiny actual holes) are great too as they are buckets, letterboxes, u-shapes on a hil(!?) etc. but can still be a nightmare despite looking like an easy ace!

Depends on the balls used I suppose - with a golf ball or even a low-bounce course ball they can be a b*gger!
The Proof is in the Putting.
squirerichard

Postby Ace Man » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:11 pm

petere wrote:i love the look of this course! :D :D :D

You'll be surprised how inventive hiding can get.
I noticed a well placed plant.....

Could this be the start of a new generation of British minigolfers?
Anyone who grows up with this type of course will be off to a flying start.
Ace Man

Postby Chappers » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:07 pm

Where exactly is it?...on what street?
Chappers

Postby Ant » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:13 pm

Chappers wrote:Where exactly is it?...on what street?

Good grief.

A quick scan at Acewoman's pics reveals a street sign saying 'Park Piazza'. I'm guessing that's the one!

Clearly, the force is not strong in this one ;)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&saf ... a=N&tab=wl
Ant

Postby Donkey G » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:52 pm

It helps if you spell it Piazza and not Pizza....

I once lived less than a mile away from it, course it didn't exist when i was there 1979-83 in Wellmeadow road
Time to eat Felt and make more Aces!
Donkey G

Postby Ace Man » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:02 am

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... 18&iwloc=A

Does this mean we have our first competition standard Swedish Felt Run?
Bang goes that excuse!
Ace Man

Postby Ace Man » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:41 pm

I quite fancy being the first Official British Swedish Felt Run Champion!
Ace Man

Postby Ace Man » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:13 pm

Apparently Nick is waiting to post but hasn't got a reply to his request to join.........
Ace Man

Postby petere » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:06 pm

Ace Man wrote:I quite fancy being the first Official British Swedish Felt Run Champion!

not bloody likely if i have anything to do with it! ;)
petere

Postby nickgreengolf » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:29 pm

Hi guys, I'm finally able to post replies! Imagine my frustration at reading all the speculation about the course without being able to respond. (I think Sean fast-tracked me!)

My name is Nick, and I'm the manager of the course in Meridan South. I have spent the last 5 years designing and building the course, and then fitting out the unit. It had to be a Swedish felt run, as that's what I used to play on back home when I was a kid (yes, I'm Swedish). I'm not too familiar with the lingo, but when you talk about A- or B- course I assume that it's the size you refer to. It's built according to the measurments for a competition course, the lanes being 90 cm wide, the greens 210 x210 and the holes 10.5 cm.
I have just recently managed to make contact with the BMCA, and of course I'd love to hold comps eventually, but may need a bit of help in organizing them.

The course is open on weekdays from 1pm - 9pm and weekends from 11am - 9pm. We can offer you coffee/tea and a snack and somewhere to sit. There're of course toilets in the unit, and parking is free.
Adults pay £5 and under 16's £3, but as soon as I'm affifliated you will of course pay half price.

I'd love to meet you guys! I can't be there Saturday 6th but will be there all day Sunday. Do try and come by! When I'm not there you will be taken care of by Rhys or Rebecca. ;)

The address is Unit B, Birdwood Avenue, Meridan South in Hither Green, SE13 6UR. Take Devignes Drive off Hither Green Lane up into the new development and the Unit is next to Tesco Express.
Nearest station is Hither Green on the LDR, about 13 minutes from Tower Hill Station.

My e-mail is nickgreengolf@hotmail.co.uk and my mobile number is 07946 352 923. A website is under construction.

All the best

Nick Sandqvist
nickgreengolf

Postby Donkey G » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:26 am

Welcome Nick
What an invite.....
Must get up there soon then :)
Time to eat Felt and make more Aces!
Donkey G

Postby petere » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:16 am

Hi Nick

Thanks for the info.

As you can see there's quite a bit of excitement about your course amongst the BMGA members and hopefully you'll get a flood of people paying you a visit in the next few months. I'll definitley be making the trip up at some point soon.

Good luck with everything and i hope your business gets off to a great start!

Peter
petere

Postby Ace Man » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:21 am

petere wrote:
Ace Man wrote:I quite fancy being the first Official British Swedish Felt Run Champion!

not bloody likely if i have anything to do with it! ;)

You won't :D
Ace Man

PreviousNext

Return to Courses