[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
The UnOfficial British Minigolf Forum • View topic - New course in Hither Green London!

New course in Hither Green London!

New course in Hither Green London!

Postby squirerichard » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:19 pm

The Proof is in the Putting.
squirerichard

Re: New course in Hither Green London!

Postby MemberNumber001 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:06 am

Yep, that's definitely a Swedish Felt. I wonder how many holes it's going to be.
Will someone from the BMGA be in touch with them when it opens?
Perhaps a possible venue for the London Open or LIT?

I have fond memories of Swedish Felt from the 2003 World Championships - but this is probably going to be the shorter 'B-type' course. (I don't think my course record of 34 for this type of course will last long, once Hither Green is open. :cry: )
MemberNumber001

Postby squirerichard » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:17 am

MemberNumber001 wrote:Yep, that's definitely a Swedish Felt. I wonder how many holes it's going to be.
Will someone from the BMGA be in touch with them when it opens?
Perhaps a possible venue for the London Open or LIT?

I have fond memories of Swedish Felt from the 2003 World Championships - but this is probably going to be the shorter 'B-type' course. (I don't think my course record of 34 for this type of course will last long, once Hither Green is open. :cry: )

My 'best' score on Swedish Felt is a 'perfect' 18. Although it was here http://hamandeggerfiles.blogspot.com/20 ... court.html and I still lost against Emily :lol:
squirerichard

Postby squirerichard » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:33 am

squirerichard

Postby Pasi » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:43 pm

Looks like type A to me! The "boxes" looks pretty difficult, if you don't make it to the green with your first shot. The lane next to the boxes is a design I have never seen before. Not too much space between the lanes though, might get dangerous if the course is nicely frequented. But the lanes look good!
Pasi

Postby squirerichard » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:50 pm

Pasi wrote:Looks like type A to me! The "boxes" looks pretty difficult, if you don't make it to the green with your first shot. The lane next to the boxes is a design I have never seen before. Not too much space between the lanes though, might get dangerous if the course is nicely frequented. But the lanes look good!

Another pic here - http://maxink.wordpress.com/2010/01/29/ ... -minigolf/

Can't find owner/operators details yet though!?

Will talk to them when I visit.
squirerichard

Postby Ant » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:55 pm

Spooky

Ant

Postby squirerichard » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:40 am

Ant wrote:Spooky

It looks more b-run in this pic.
squirerichard

Postby Pasi » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:10 pm

Richard, you wanna bet? A nice pint at next rendez-vous? Those greens look pretty A-type to me. Or the hole is really small...
Pasi

Postby squirerichard » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:26 pm

Pasi wrote:Richard, you wanna bet? A nice pint at next rendez-vous? Those greens look pretty A-type to me. Or the hole is really small...

7pence is my highest stake.

On 'reflection' (pun intended) it does look A-type. I can't get the perspective right with the ghost photographer in the way!

Hope to solve this matter once and for all by Monday at the latest! Want to have a bet on what my score will be?

As a 'form guide' my previous (and only) A-Type Swedish Felt score was 51(+15) in the Rotten Shark Classic (The unofficial British Swedish Felt Run Championships) in Tampere in 2008 - http://www.miniaturegolfer.com/Nations_cup_2008.html - twas good enough for 3rd place Brit (4th overall) in the comp ;)
squirerichard

Postby petere » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:20 pm

i'm keen to try this out.
Any chance of the BMGA thinking about a comp if the owner was keen?
petere

Postby Pasi » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:46 pm

squirerichard wrote:7pence is my highest stake.

Well, that's not enough even in Wetherspoons...

squirerichard wrote:Want to have a bet on what my score will be?

I trust more in your playing skills than in your "eye" regarding what size the course is, so I expect a sub-40! Just don't get caught between the boxes!
Pasi

Postby squirerichard » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:39 am

petere wrote:i'm keen to try this out.
Any chance of the BMGA thinking about a comp if the owner was keen?

I'll try and make contact this weekend. According to my contacts in Hither Green the course owners haven't done any advertising yet.
squirerichard

Postby squirerichard » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:40 am

Pasi wrote:
squirerichard wrote:7pence is my highest stake.

Well, that's not enough even in Wetherspoons...

:lol:

squirerichard wrote:Want to have a bet on what my score will be?

I trust more in your playing skills than in your "eye" regarding what size the course is, so I expect a sub-40! Just don't get caught between the boxes!

Thank you. I'll try my best.
squirerichard

Postby squirerichard » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:26 am

Just found these details: http://www2.lewisham.gov.uk/lbl/Events/ ... entid=5632

If anyone finds a telephone number for them Private Message me and I'll give them a call.
squirerichard

Postby Ace Man » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:00 am

Ace Man

Next

Return to Courses